Sunday, January 28, 2007

January 28

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

It is possible to get rid of that "poor little ol' me" feeling if I make up my mind to do so. When that "feel-sorry-for-myself-for-no-reason" syndrome comes my way, I do have the ability to change my attitude. First I take a few moments to concentrate on what is bothering me. If I cannot come up with a legitimate reason for the "blues," it is time to take action. I tell myself I have ten minutes to really wallow in self-pity and set the clock to ring at that time. I play sad records and dwell on the injustices of life. When the alarm goes off, I ask my Higher Power for help to concentrate on positive thoughts which lead to my feeling better about myself. The key here is, I can change my moods with my Higher Power's help and some concentrated effort on my part.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Thank You for the ability to switch from negative to positive thinking.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I can mope when I want to, but only for ten minutes.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: