Wednesday, January 31, 2007

January 31

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Self-acceptance is one of the important parts of the EA program for me. I am learning to love and accept myself through the Twelve Steps. I am learning I do not have to be perfect - only human. I have assets as well as defects, as everyone does. I am reminded of the story of the three-legged stool. One leg is our love and acceptance of ourselves. The second leg is God's love and acceptance. And the third leg is our love and acceptance of other people. What a wonderful life I have when I can experience all three of the "legs." I am learning about acceptance. When I feel God's love and acceptance, I am able to love and accept myself. What follows is a love and acceptance of others.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

God, help me to feel Your love and acceptance. May I be the kind of person You want me to be. May I learn what Your will is for me and accept it.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

My daily spiritual reading and interchange with others is important in helping me feel the presence of God.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: