Thursday, January 11, 2007

January 11

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

I became aware that in my struggles I had elbowed a lot of people in the ribs. Many of them I had hammered in the heart as well. I realized that in order to live in peace with everyone, I had to make an honest and accurate list of all those I had harmed, as suggested in Step Eight. It was hard to face the fact that my behavior had affected so many others. It was easier when a friend suggested my own name be at the top of my list. As I gathered the names together, I asked God to help me become willing to make amends to all, including me.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May You continue to give me the honesty, courage, and humility necessary for me to take responsibility for my actions so I am always willing to make amends.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I cannot do good or bad to others without doing good or bad to myself.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: