Friday, January 12, 2007

January 12

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

I became more mannerly and stopped thinking it was all right to hurt people around me. It became easier to say things such as, "Excuse me. I didn't mean to bump into you." I became aware that there were others around me as sensitive as I was. As Step Nine suggest, I began to make direct amends to people I had harmed whenever it was possible. Fear and pride made it difficult at first, and I had to be willing to risk. It became easier as my apologies were accepted. Some people had died and others had moved away, so I asked God to help with those amends. Making amends releases guilt feelings.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

God, please grant me the courage, honesty, and good sense to enable me to sincerely and lovingly apologize, including to myself.


TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Everybody can be hurt, including me.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: