Thursday, January 25, 2007

January 25

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Before EA, I took on the responsibility of feeling loved ones' pain when they were hurting. For days I would obsessively try to think of the magic sentence or idea which would solve their problems immediately. Now I realize I do not have the power and knowledge, so I immediately turn another's tough situation over to God. My attitude now is: If God wants me to be helpful in a situation, it will flow naturally, with no obsessiveness or self-will on my part. Most times it is love and compassion which God wills me to give to the one in pain, not a direct solution to their problems.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Please help me to let go of any situation I have been tightly hanging on to.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Emotional releasing of a problem is the first step towards a situation in which I feel powerless.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: