Tuesday, January 09, 2007

January 9

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

I came to believe that God has a sense of humor and did not hold my defects against me. We could both laugh at the fix I was in. Like a kitten tangled in yarn, if I stopped struggling, God would gradually get me untangled. I needed to stop struggling, which would become "entirely ready," as the Sixth Step suggests. Even as I prayed that all my defects of character be removed, I found myself thinking I was not yet able to be rid of certain ones. What would I do without this bad habit? How would I spend my time? That was the time to surrender - over and over.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

God, please help me to deal with the character defects which brought me to my bottom.
Remind me to continuously work the steps with enthusiastic effort, which is the way to become ready.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

God has the power to change my life.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: