Saturday, January 20, 2007

January 20

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

By being a kind, considerate and generous people-pleaser, I was looking for acceptance. I put the responsibility on the other person to make me feel good about myself, instead of on my own shoulders where it belonged. I am not saying I should never do anything for another, but I need to continually be aware of my motives. Does what I am doing violate my values? Do I have strings attached? Am I expecting something back? Am I doing it only because I want someone to like me?

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Let me be more aware of my motives for doing what I choose to do. I no longer want to lose myself for I am all I really have.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

If I continue to exist for others, I will not gain: instead, I will lose the most precious gift God has given me - myself.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: