Saturday, January 06, 2007

January 6

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

I started giving God a chance to control the outcome of things as suggested in Step Three. I discovered when I did that, I was freer to do what had to be done. When I remember I cannot control the universe (not even my own little universe), I can relax and let my Higher Power take over the worries of my world. It is such marvelous freedom to not be in control. The energy I save when I turn my life over to God as I understand God can be spent enjoying all the good things: love, smiles, family, friends, hugs, or nature. I have to make that conscious decision of surrender every day of my life. What a relief!

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

I pray I continue to have the sense to turn my life and my will over to You each morning as I awaken.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Worry is worthless; surrender is serenity.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: