Monday, January 08, 2007

January 8

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Holding on to my secrets became intolerable; sharing them was unthinkable. I shared them anyway and survived. Without working suggested Step Five, I could not have survived. I would have "slipped" out of the program. I needed to get rid of all the awfulness of my past. The only way to release the sordidness, the shame, the dishonesties, and the guilt was to take a complete moral inventory of myself and to honestly admit it to God, to myself, and to another human being. I learned that burying or stuffing my attributes or failings will only do me harm. The human being I worked with was a Fifth-Step person.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

God, help me continue to be as honest and open with others as I was at my first Fifth Step.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

A Fifth Step once a year is like spring cleaning; everything gets shiny and bright.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: