Sunday, January 07, 2007

January 7

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

I knew my secrets were hurting me a lot. As I was being hurt, I was hurting others. I finally decided to call a secret a secret, and I itemized them as suggested in Step Four. I faced them with the one weapon that could get rid of them - honesty. Being honest with myself made it easier to be honest with others. Through looking at past mistakes, I found I could forgive myself for being human. Isn't that what I am supposed to be? While going through this self-inventory, I found I really had some strong points. This led to a new sense of confidence. Now when I take my inventory I know I have to have done at least one good thing today - even if it was only getting up on time. There were days in the past when I did not get up at all.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I continue to take moral inventories of myself, never holding anything back out of shame or pride. Help me to be willing to recognize my assets.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I need to accept that I have assets.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: