Monday, January 22, 2007

January 22

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Storm clouds are often ominously black on the bottom. They suggest rain, lightning, thunder, and what is generally considered "bad" weather. They also suggest eventual rainbows, fresh air, and healthy crops. Our problems are much the same. They are ominous to face. But, if we can detach ourselves from them, they do not engender fear. Just as we can enjoy a thunderstorm by anticipating the peace and sense of well-being which is to follow, we can approach the problems we face with hope in our hearts. Sometimes we may need to take shelter during our storms. It makes no more sense to seek trouble than it does to go into a raging storm when it is not necessary.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Be my rain gear to get me through the storms I face.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

"This too shall pass," can be my weather report. I may not see the rainbow
until after the storm.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: