Thursday, January 18, 2007

January 18

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

"My problem is not powerlessness, but too much power over my emotions," I said. Then I learned that controlled emotions control me. "Of all emotions, I relate to anger least, " I said. Then I learned that my large choices in life, no less than my idlest snap judgments of people, were ruled by unadmitted angers and fears. "How inappropriate theirs angers are," I said of my near ones. But my own poor strategies of living had gone to produce the emotional climate I complain against. I learned detachment and forgiveness.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May my love for others continue to grow as I learn to acknowledge my true feelings and to accept the consequences of my feelings in the real world.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I will listen to my feelings and direct them toward recovery.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: