Friday, November 09, 2007

November 9

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

A key tool I have learned to use is to act "as if." It seems to give me confidence and the ability to be what I want to be. If I have to give a speech to many people and I am nervous, I act "as if" I am in complete control of myself and the speech, and it goes well. If I feel someone has hurt me and I am angry, I quietly explain my feelings and then act "as if" nothing has happened and we remain friends. It helps the anger disappear. If I am worried about the future, I act "as if" everything will turn out fine, and it generally does. If problems come my way and I am in turmoil over them, I act "as if" there are solutions and options, and they usually appear. When I am depressed, it really works miraculously to act "as if" life is wonderful. It is!

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Remind me to use this handy tool when I am in need of help.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

When I act "as if," it is.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: