Saturday, November 03, 2007

November 3

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

A river cannot be rerouted successfully without making a new channel and damming up the old one. If you put the dam up without a new channel being ready, the water may or may not go where you want it to. It may cause flooding or break the dam, or it may rechannel itself into an undesired place. So it is with our habits. If we stop an old habit without being ready to (usually because someone tells us to), we chance failing and getting discouraged. We chance forming other undesirable habits. We chance getting ourselves so discouraged we give up.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Remind me that progress takes time and patience.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

My habits were not formed overnight. I need to give myself time to replace negative traits with positive traits.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: