Wednesday, November 14, 2007

November 14

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

As I have worked the program, I have learned recovery from my emotional illness depends on developing a deep trust and sustaining faith in a Higher Power of my understanding. My misbeliefs and disbeliefs in God, developed because of past experiences and conclusions, created a vacuum of trust and faith. I had rejected God and therefore had a difficult time understanding and utilizing a spiritual approach to my emotions and my life. Looking back over my past there were several spiritual experiences in my life when I felt as if I were whole, healthy, and one with my self. I had taken down my defenses and let myself be. I was in the care of my Higher Power at these times. Do I still doubt a God of my understanding exists?

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

I have an urgent need to believe in You, God.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Faith requires honesty and effort.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: