Sunday, November 18, 2007

November 18

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Usually as we face and deal with shameful experiences we begin to understand why we responded the way we did. Compassion for ourselves increases, and it feels so comforting. Finally we can talk to ourselves about the experiences with gentleness rather than criticism. Our gentle ways draw others to us. Through these relationships we realize even more, no matter how devastating an experience might have been in our past, once we share it, it becomes a help to someone in the present.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I remember I need no longer be alone with my pain.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Acceptance of my experience gives me compassion for myself and then for others.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: