Thursday, September 07, 2006

September 7

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Often I want to break away from all of my responsibilities. These are some of my choices: I can become hot with frustration and anger, attacking those I love, crushing them (and I will feel remorse): or I can sigh, rushing myself with the weight of inadequacy or resignation or the futility of it all (and I will waste time and feel guilty); or I can stop now, stand aside for a moment, and look and listen. I will see I am heaping abuse upon myself, inflicting it because, one again, I have not done enough. Or I will feel fear- fear that I might be like that person who is bugging me so much. So I must look at myself with kindness and tell myself to keep it simple. Then I can pick myself up and begin again taking another step, and even surer one, toward knowing who I am.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Oh, God, help me to know I have a choice.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I will go easier on myself and look at myself with kindness.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: