Saturday, September 23, 2006

September 23

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

I am a guilt addict! The twelve-step program is helping me to recover from this addiction. Slowly my eyes are opening to the truth of my behavior and how it feeds this addiction. In the past I would overfill each day with "must do's" and "have to's" and "should do's," so that each evening I felt exhausted and guilty about what did not get done. Each morning began with leftover guilt feelings from the behavior of the day before. The future appeared as a repeat of the past: not enough time for the perfect performance of every duty and desire. By practicing the program I have become aware of my addiction and the harm it does me. This awareness is followed by acceptance, forgiveness, and then action.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me concentrate on Step Three today. This Step ever reminds me that Your will for me does not have a guilt "aftertaste."

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Felling guilty is an indulgence which always hurts me and destroys my enjoyment of the present day. I will choose to be free of it.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: