Sunday, September 03, 2006

September 3

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

We often take on the problems of the world. We let our feelings of despair overpower us. Life provides many reasons for concern, fear, and depression. Do I want to give up and stay sick by allowing people and situations to instill me with fear, anger, defeat, and hopelessness? At times watching the news can affect me negatively. I do not have to give in to this. I can choose who and what I listen to. Above all, I can choose what I let affect me. I can choose my life-style. I can let go of the negative elements after deciding how I want to react to them.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me to remember I am often powerless over my circumstances - what I hear, what I am with, etc... Knowing this, with Your help, I can choose how much effect these things and people have on me.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

To "run with the winners" when possible. When not possible, "don't let the turkeys get me down."

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: