Wednesday, September 27, 2006

September 27

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

How often have we dwelt on feeling sad, lonely, inadequate, guilty, or shameful and wondered why we felt so miserable? Once we are able to look behind our feelings to our thinking, we quickly see the messages we had been sending to ourselves were the reason for feeling so miserable and unhappy. We can choose to stop talking to ourselves critically. Who we are and what we feel is okay. In fact, we need to be right where we are. We can only grow from that place. Accepting ourselves as we are will bring us to the next step of our journey.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me to recognize when I am "picking" on me.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I will choose to talk lovingly to myself in response to my feelings.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: