Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Learning to love ourselves is possibly our greatest task. For most of us to really care for ourselves and to become vulnerable takes a very long time. We struggle so often with the knowledge of our inadequacies, fear, guilt and shame. We tell ourselves, "I will never be accepted if I tell her this...," "I will accept myself when ...." We cannot put off acceptance until we meet our criteria for ourselves. Likely, that time will never come. We need to accept ourselves, right now, with our weaknesses. Our weaknesses, when faced, will lead us to untapped strength. And we never will truly gain someone's acceptance unless we risk being vulnerable.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

With Your help, I will accept myself today, just as I am.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Acceptance and love go hand in hand. Because I am lovable, I can love someone and I can accept love.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: