Friday, September 29, 2006

September 29

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Before joining the program, I often thought I would really be happy if a certain situation worked out to my advantage. I anticipated great benefits if my plans worked out. When I did not get what I wanted, I was full of self-pity, saying constantly, "If only...." When I got what I wanted, I often still felt disappointed when I realized my unrealistically high expectations would not be met. As I have grown in the program, I have learned to have more realistic expectations. Where I used to expect great benefits, I am now grateful for small improvements. Where I used to feel self-pity, I now feel more serenity in knowing my true happiness comes from being at peace with myself.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me to know more serenity by better maintaining a realistic perspective concerning the results of my efforts.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

It can be a long fall from high expectations.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: