Sunday, September 24, 2006

September 24

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

In order to maintain this loving attitude which I have started to experience, I frequently have to give up some necessary characteristic of my self-will. Each time it is a different item: an attitude, an erroneous belief, and unrealistic goal, or another person's approval. Once I discover through one of the Twelve Steps what is hampering my progress, I ask God to remove that defect, just for today. Steps Four and Ten are most useful when I feel separate from God and do not realize why. Working Step Four releases me from all past wrongdoings, and Step Ten keeps present wrongdoings from piling up.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Let me not stray too far from You before I begin to work a step to help myself.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

To change the things I can.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: