Tuesday, September 19, 2006

September 19

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Short-term relief is all I get when I run away and hide from my problems. Whatever shield or defense mechanism I use to hide behind eventually becomes too burdensome. It becomes greater than the problem. When I turn from pain in a personal relationship, I may lose the chance to cultivate a deep and meaningful friendship. Working at friendship helps me weather the ups and downs of relationships. Running from a problem at work could take away an opportunity to find solutions to problems. Hiding in the back of the room at an EA meeting takes away my opportunity to share. Running from conflict does not produce a winner, just a loser - me.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me to find the strength to confront whatever I want to run away from.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

To run out is to hide out; to hide out is to lose out.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: