Tuesday, July 04, 2006

July 4

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

We have traditionally celebrated the Fourth of July (or Independence Day) in the United States with family picnics, parades and fireworks. Fireworks is a good description of my behavior at many of these famiy gatherings. On past holidays my emotions erupted like skyrockets and Roman candles. Words came out of my mouth like firecrackers -- loud, fast, and hurtful. Thanks to my Higher Power and EA, holidays have become a meaningful and enjoyable part of my life. I have learned to live and enjoy life even though there are unsolved problems.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Thank You for holidays and loved ones with whom we can enjoy them. They bring an added spice and zest to my life.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

An anticipated holiday is no longer fearful to me.

Emotions AnonymousOrder Today

No comments: