Monday, July 03, 2006

July 3

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

What is it that brings on an emotional slip? How and why does it happen? These questions have answers which only I can supply, but it helps if I write down the persons, places, and things or events in connection with each peevish and painful state. The "touchy spots" or thoughts which seem to come before or during such times can give me a clue as to what my Higher Power would have me do. What step am I on? When was my last meeting? My last call to reach out? When did I last read some solid program literature? In my writings or journal, have I noted those things which successfully pulled me out of a negative emotional state? What worked for me then? Sometimes a simple thing comes to mind, a tool given us in this program such as HALT, the four elements which frequently bring on bad emotional states: Hunger, Anger, Loneliness and Tiredness.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Thank You for these simple, effective tools.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I will steer clear of HALT and consider what effedct they have had in my life so far.

Emotions AnonymousOrder Today

No comments: