Friday, July 21, 2006

July 21

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

I am responsible to others; but I am responsible for only myself. When I take responsibility for another's happiness, I set myself up for defeat. Poor me -- I try so hard! Self-pity envelops me. I pout for a while, but then I struggle back to my feet and meddle in their lives again. Only when I see that I am overly involved in my family's lives, smothering them and hindering their growth, can I have a more mature understanding of responsibility. The hard part for me is taking charge of my own life. I see how I have avoided that responsibility by leaning too heavily on others for my sense of self-worth.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Remind me that my self-worth is my responsibility.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

To mind my own business.

Emotions AnonymousOrder Today

No comments: