Friday, July 28, 2006

July 28

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Whenever I "perform," I split myself into two-halves -- the performer and the observer/critics. Trying to perform allows that ever-present screamer sitting on my shoulder the chance to unleash a dose of self-hate from the reservior I have built and maintained during my life. The chance may be the most minor mistake or insignificant admission on my part. This can happen in any circumstance, from building a coffee table to talking at a meeting. On the other hand, when I "participate," I minimize self-consciousness and the chance of embarassment. When I am participating, I am sharing the real me, and being the real me destroys any need for that internal critic. I realize my failures are valuable to my emotional growth. My past life has too often shown that my successes temporarily blinded me to the reality of my human limitations. I need to use these limitations as checks and balances in my struggle to know God's will for me.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

God, continue to grant me one of Your most wonderful gifts -- the right to be human.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Participating keeps me whole(some).

Emotions AnonymousOrder Today

No comments: