Tuesday, October 03, 2006

October 3

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

It is part of my emotional illness that I feel a vague but overwhelming sense of something wrong with me. If allowed to control me, this feeling leads to withdrawal, despondency, and a sense of powerlessness. The antidote is self-acceptance. This does not mean that I deny my shortcomings. In a searching and fearless inventory I honestly recognize my defects and my good points. If I set a goal of eliminating all my defects, I am doomed to failure. Only by accepting and using my positive qualities can I develop the strength to reduce the defects.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me to concentrate on my strengths.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

What I am is God's gift to me. What I make of myself is my gift to God.


Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

1 comment:

stepsister12 EA NCa said...

Thanks for your awesome service in creating this resource!