Wednesday, October 18, 2006

October 18

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Something to reach for, something to work toward, a reason to get out of bed in the morning, or a purpose for taking care of myself physically, mentally and emotionally - they all add up to goals. When I was in an emotional upheaval, goals were something which other people had - people with education, looks, money and talent. But certainly not me. I did not realize goals were personal guidelines which I could use to improve the quality of my life. Any part of my life that needs to be changed is an opportunity for goal-setting. Physically I could have a weight loss goal, a quit smoking goal, or a physical fitness goal. Mentally I could have a goal to change an attitude, a goal to broaden my interests and increase my knowledge, or a goal to read a good book every week. Emotionally my goal is for serenity, which can be gained by learning to "live and let live" and to roll with the punches.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me see a real need for change and to pick a goal and go for it.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

The only thing keeping me from my goal is me.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: