Saturday, October 14, 2006

October 14

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

I would like to reflect a minute on the changing seasons. I live in a cold climate - cold in winter - and I have decided I want to stay, not retire to the Sunbelt. I certainly do not have anything against warm climates. What the winter does for me is to let things rest for a while including, perhaps, my spirit. I cannot possibly grow all the time. Perhaps if I stop and rest occasionally in the "winter" of my soul and be quiet - which is very hard for me to do - the growth will resume in the "spring" of my soul. And perhaps my growth will be greater and more assured.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Because it is difficult for me to rest, to slow down or to meditate, help me to allow myself the freedom to do so.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Progress is not always a high-speed freeway. I need to remember to pull in, shut off the motor, and rest my spirit.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: