Monday, October 23, 2006

October 23

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Too often I let external things distract me when someone is speaking at a meeting. Maybe dirty fingernails, a wrong color of lipstick, or length of hair or beard will affect my concentration. Maybe a person's poor grammar will have me making corrections in my mind instead of listening to the thoughts and feelings being expressed. Often when I really listen I really learn. I know my Higher Power works through people, and if I don't hear people, I won't hear God either. My progress in my recovery depends on learning from other people. I have no right to be critical or judgmental of others.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Open my mind to the shared suggestions of others. Remind me that externals are not important.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I am no better or worse than anyone else.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: