Wednesday, October 25, 2006

October 25

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Hate is a strong, controlling force if carried to the utmost degree. Oftentimes I will say I hate a person when in reality I only dislike what the person does. If I hate with a vengeance, the destructiveness of this emotion can invade every avenue of my daily life. The responses I give others become vindictive. The successes I win are most likely at the expense and mercy of others. The world in which I live becomes a disagreeable place rather than comforting. The spite I feel becomes my sole motive for living. My physical body become susceptible to pain and illnesses, which need not be. My obsession with hate hides my ability to see I am doing harm to myself.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me to recognize my own destructive behavior caused by the hatred felt toward another human being. Give me courage to differ with others without doing harm to them or to myself. Guide me to become a more forgiving and accepting person.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I choose to replace hatred with love and understanding.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: