Friday, October 20, 2006

October 20

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

The slogan, "Know thyself - be honest, " makes me aware of how often I ignore my feelings or try to rationalize them away. If I am to know myself, I must acknowledge my emotions just as they are. It may be I am letting a past experience creep in to distort my reaction to a situation. Or perhaps I am allowing old inferior feelings to cause me pain. I may be holding back feelings related directly to a present situation because it is easier (or so it seems) than having to confront, express, or risk rejection.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me to work at honestly knowing myself, day by day, minute by minute.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

The pain of facing my feelings is far less than the pain of suppressing them.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: