Wednesday, August 30, 2006

August 30

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

I never understood why my life was so unrewarding, or what it meant to "let go" until EA taught me that the opposite of "Let go and let God" is like driving through life with the emergency brake on. Everything is harder except for complete stops, which correspond to my periods of total withdrawal. After driving a while, though, friction builds up inside, and my brakes smoke angrily. I push harder and harder on the gas, yet less and less gets done. Finally, the brakes may wear out altogether and I go wildly out of control, causing chaos all around me.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Without the security which You give me, my control on life causes me to wear out prematurely. May I loosen up and give my life to You today.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

To release the emergency brake and trust that God will tell me when I need to slow down.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

2 comments:

Smitty said...

Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?
~Mary Manin Morrissey quotes

Smitty said...

I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder. ~Unknown