Friday, August 18, 2006

August 18

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

When a person really wants something, that person is likely to go to any length to gain it, even through negative behavior. Many times we do things we later regret, then wonder why we responded in the way we did. As we learn about ourselves and our behavior, we see how rationalizing our actions had become a way of life and how often we were drawn toward experiences which could hurt us. This can be called the enormity of our illness. Left to ourselves, we often continue to act out our defeating behavior. With the help of the program, a Higher Power, and others, we realize we do not have to be controlled by our impulses.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I stop, reach out for support, and trust that a friend can help me discontinue hurting myself.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I deserve to be happy and productive.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: