Tuesday, August 15, 2006

August 15

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

There is an old saying that "laughter is the best medicine." In our emotional illness, we know how healing laughther can be. Both tears and laughter are very powerful emotional releases and perhaps it is no accident they frequently occur together. While humor can sometimes be misused as a weapon, gentle, loving laughter can be a shield against adversity. Laughter can often restore a sense of balance and perspective to our volatile, erwise impenetrable barriers in our personal relationships. Laugther can reaffirm even the faintest glimmer of optimism in a failing spirit. Learning to laugh at everyday situations around us helps us to cope. Learning to laught at the weakenesses in ourselves helps us to grow.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I realize the key to learning to laugh at all is in learning to be vulnerable -- in recognizing and accepting my powerlessness.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I will share the humor I encounter today by telling God the joke I found and listening in my soul for the laugther.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: