Tuesday, August 29, 2006

August 29

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Emotional honesty is one of the hardest things to acquire. It takes work and conscious effort, in the midst of anger, to ask myself why I'm angry. It is easier to blame others for my feelings. Healing comes from acknowledging feelings are mine and I have a choice. This is emotional honesty. I can never have serenity if I let others upset me. I can fight my feelings or say they are the fault of others. If I accept that this is the way I feel, I can keep going and know that "This too shall pass," even if I don't have a solution to the problem. I can choose a course of action to correct the situation.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

I pray for the wisdom to know the difference.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Being honest with myself brings peace.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

5 comments:

Smitty said...

Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the Truth.
~Benjamin Disraeli

Smitty said...

“There can be no knowledge without emotion. We may be aware of a truth, yet until we have felt its force, it is not ours. To the cognition of the brain must be added the experience of the soul.”
~Arnold Bennett

Smitty said...

Emotion is the chief source of becoming-conscious. There can be no transforming of darkness into light and of apathy into movement without emotion. – Carl Jung

Smitty said...

To give vent now and then to his feelings, whether of pleasure or discontent, is a great ease to a man's heart. ~Francesco Guicciardini

Smitty said...

... by throwing yourself into these emotions, by allowing yourself to dive in, all the way, over your head even, you experience them fully and completely. You know what pain is. You know what love is. You know what grief is. And only then can you say, 'All right. I have experienced that emotion. I recognize that emotion. Now I need to detach from that emotion for a moment.
~ Mitch Albom