Thursday, August 24, 2006

August 24

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

The program teaches that fear my come from projecting what might happen. That is not living one day at a time. One way I learned to deal with fear is to organize. I make a list of six things which I have to do. I learn to recognize the time of day when my mind is freshest and I have the most energy. I do the most difficult or most urgent thing at that time ("First things first"), and I concentrate on that item and do not think of anything else. The feeling of accomplishment I get give me the momentum to do the next thing on the list. That list becomes less frightening.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I remember that God gives me the strength to do what needs to be done if I ask.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

One day at a time may mean one item on the list at a time.

Emotions Anonymous, Order Today

No comments: