Tuesday, June 19, 2007

June 19

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

While I was working on a jigsaw puzzle, I became aware of how much my life has been like this puzzle. Some pieces of my life fit into other pieces with ease, while some do not mesh at all. On reflection, I realize that when I surrender problems of my Higher Power, those pieces of my life go together easily. When I take over the controls, no matter how I push and tug, none of the pieces fit. When my negative emotions take over, the colors of the puzzle and the colors of my life do not blend. The puzzle could never be finished if I continue in that manner. When I relax and work with my brain instead of hostile feelings, the pieces seem to go together of their own volition - just like the parts of my life.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

When I struggle and flounder, help me to remember how jigsaw puzzles get put together.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

To solve a puzzle of life, turn it over and relax.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: