Tuesday, June 12, 2007

June 12

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

One of the biggest hurdles to staying well emotionally is self-pity. Self-pity breeds all kinds of "I" trouble. It is like being on center stage with the spotlight on ourselves. It is the minor injury we let drag on for a while so we can let more people share in our pain. It is the tough, emotional time when we feel so sorry for ourselves that we cannot see the world around us. It is a fog because our "eyes" are focused on ourselves. Sometimes asking God to help us over a crisis is the hardest things to do. The reason is that our prayers may be answered, and then we have to go on again. We may have to change, and we cannot feel sorry for ourselves any longer.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

I pray that I may have a willing heart and that I will lean on Your strength and love.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

When we take our "eyes" off ourselves and begin to focus them on others, our "I" trouble clears up.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: