Wednesday, April 04, 2007

April 4

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Often we do not risk asking for something we want or need. We do not like being open about what is really important and possibly feeling rejected. If someone says no, it hurts; it may feel like rejection. It may be necessary to think differently about our response to someone who says no. That person may not be rejecting us, after all, but is simply unable to give what we are asking. I will think of several things I want and risk asking for them. I will be aware that if the person cannot give what I ask, it does not mean I am unworthy of my request.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

God, remind me if I ask for ten things and receive only two, I have at least gained something.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Risk nothing, gain nothing.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: