Monday, April 23, 2007

April 23

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

I neither liked nor accepted most of my feelings. I either denied them or suppressed them. This denial and suppression caused my symptoms of anxiety, panic, insomnia, depression, etc. Feelings always come out somewhere. By willpower alone I have never been able to stop feeling what I did not wish to feel. Only to the degree that I accept my feelings can I surrender them to a Higher Power. Only in this process will the feelings be free to change. Many times I find myself with a feeling I do not want, I try to talk it away without accepting it. This is when I get locked into the feeling I want to be rid of. I must go back to Step One for powerlessness, Step Two for believing in a Higher Power, and Step Three for surrender.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me to accept my feelings and then surrender them to You. Remind me that if they are not changed quickly, it might be I need to learn something from what I am experiencing.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Feelings can only change when they are accepted and surrendered.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: