Tuesday, April 03, 2007

April 3

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Perfectionism is one of my character defects. When I work hard and honestly on my Fourth Step, I was anticipating a feeling of happiness and accomplishment. I had already made plans to share it with my Fifth-Step person. The day came and my strong feelings were: "It's not good enough. It doesn't mean anything. The work was less than adequate." I reviewed my Fourth Step and realized not only was I looking for perfection, I was also fearful of rejection. Only with trust in my Higher Power, and knowledge that I had honestly tried to do a good job, could I overcome the fear and share my Fourth Step.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Thank You for the strength and love and courage You give me whenever I ask for
it.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

My Higher Power is always there for me.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: