Tuesday, April 10, 2007

April 10

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Secrets create a wall, which keeps us lonely and isolated. They can also keep us from experiencing love. The more secrets I carried, the more shame I felt. The more shame I experienced, the more I wanted to close myself off from others. No longer do I have to alienate myself from others. There are people who are waiting and willing to listen to my secrets. They will not shame me. Instead they will understand because they have dealt with their own shame. By sharing my secrets I gain acceptance, belonging, and trust in my value as a person.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I have the courage to share the secrets I have tried to keep buried in my subconscious, for I realize this will set me free.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

By sharing my shame, I can join the human race.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: