Saturday, April 21, 2007

April 21

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Relating to another person intimately over an extended period of time is one of the most difficult things to do. We not only have to deal with our own problems, we have to deal with theirs, and our relationship. This increases the sources of potential problems considerably. It also increases the potential for growth and happiness. This is hard to see when in the midst of problems. If we can learn to relate while maintaining our individuality, we will have grown and found one of the keys to happiness and serenity. Often our partner or spouse will serve as a very clear mirror of ourselves. This can increase our awareness and acceptance so we can take action on those areas where we need work.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

I pray I may be grateful for those around me who help me to see myself, because they are aiding me in my recovery.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Relationships, even those which cause pain, encourage us to grow.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: