Friday, May 09, 2008

May 9

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

Since being in the program, I have often heard about acceptance. In the past I have assumed acceptance meant resigning myself to the fact there were many things I could not change or control: situations, people, and often even myself. Lately the word acceptance has taken on a new meaning. I have come to understand that acceptance also means taking the gifts my Higher Power offers. These gifts - serenity, courage, wisdom, and love - are freely given. My Higher Power puts these gifts before me every minute of my life. I need only accept them. Sometimes I am blind to them or refuse to believe they are really mine. I see strings attached when, in reality, I am being offered the gift of freedom. However, the gifts never stop being offered, even when I reject them. No matter what I do or do not do, these gifts are never withdrawn. Acceptance means we can take these gifts which have always been, and will always be, meant for us.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I accept all the gifts You so freely offer.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Acceptance is the gift of love I can give myself today and every day.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: