Thursday, May 22, 2008

May 22

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

There are times when my anger is enjoyable and almost fun - particularly when I feel I have been treated unfairly. I relish feeling sorry for myself and love to go over and over in my mind the grievances done to me. I perform a play mentally and plan the bitter confrontation soon to come. I play both roles and write the script for the wrong doer and the wronged. I enjoy the taste of the words I'm going to use. I don't sleep well while I am rehearsing this mental play, and soon I am angry with myself and the whole world. That is when the fun stops. That is when the truth sets in. That is when I realize I am hurting only myself. The person I have lost sleep over has been sleeping soundly all the time. That is the time when I start praying for the person I am angry with.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Help me to plan a mental script which uses the words, "I forgive you."

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

Anger is an emotion I cannot nurture; it costs me my serenity.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: