Wednesday, May 21, 2008

May 21

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

How often have we expected 100 percent from a friend and felt disillusioned because that person could not meet our expectations? On the other hand, how many of us have a tendency to gravitate toward people who can only give 25 percent? We may be so used to receiving only crumbs in our relationships, we think that is all we deserve. Yet, as we grow, we discover we deserve to have people in our lives who can give us 90 percent - at least some of the time. In fact, to grow to our potential, we need a handful of friends who think we are terrific and wonderful - at least 75 percent of the time.

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

Higher Power, guide me to relationships which will help me realize my potential.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I will seek relationships which value me, relationships on an equal level. In turn, I will value my friends.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: