Wednesday, May 14, 2008

May 14

REFLECTION FOR TODAY

I came to EA as a last resort and I wanted to get well yesterday. I did not want to admit powerlessness as I believed that other people were to blame for the mess I was in. If I could just get those other people to change I would be okay. The program taught me that I have not power or authority to control or change anyone but myself. That power derives from God, not from me. The first change was in my attitude. Step One meant that my powerlessness had to become an essential part of my thinking, feeling, and acting. I must stop trying to control the uncontrollable (other people) and start correcting what I have the right to change (my own attitudes and actions).

MEDITATION FOR TODAY

May I accept my own powerlessness and ask for and accept your power.

TODAY I WILL REMEMBER

I cannot change anyone or anything but myself, and then only with the help of God.

Emotions Anonymous (Find a meeting near you!), Order Today

No comments: